In Vivo Efficacy Testing Services
Our highly experienced team will guide you through in vivo testing by recommending the most appropriate animal models, conducting studies with well established protocols and generating reports customized to your needs. We have established a broad range of working animal models that support multiple therapeutic/disease areas.
Animal Models of Disease
Expertise and Resources that Drives Outcomes
Our team will help you investigate different animal protocols and optimize planning and experimental design to ensure you get the most out of your in vivo studies. Because of our scale, we can quickly allocate the appropriate space and technical staff to carry out the designed experiments. We provide specialized platforms and technical expertise including ex vivo/in vitro testing and histological preparations. We also undertake non-GLP pharmacokinetic (PK), pharmacodynamics (PD), and toxicology screens.
Our campus includes a state of the art 15,500 square foot facility dedicated to in vivo pharmacology and ex vivo analysis and an additional 16,000 square foot facility for in vitro analysis. These resources, combined with our specialized expertise in animal handling, colony management and small animal procedures, help ensure a successful outcome to your pre-clinical studies. Aragen Bioscience is fully accredited by the Association for Assessment and Accreditation of Laboratory Animal Care (AAALAC).
“I have worked with Aragen, specifically with Malavika Ghosh’s pre-clinical team, across a couple of companies over the years and the data they have generated has been used in regulatory filings to enable clinical trials and has informed our clinical indications.” – Hector M Rodriguez, VP of Biology, BridgeBio Pharma.
Human Tumor Xenograft Models
- Human breast carcinomas: MDA-MB-231, MDA-MB-468, MCF-7, SKBr3, BT-474
- Human lung carcinomas: A549, A427, NCI-H1993, NCI-H1299, NCI-H226
- Human lymphoma: My-La, Raji, Daudi
- Human pancreatic: PANC-1, MIA-PACA, PANC 10.05
- Human colon carcinomas: HT29, HCT116
- Human leukemia: Kasumi, KG-1, NCI-H929, RPMI-8266, MM.1S, U266
- Additional cell lines xenograft models available
Syngeneic Tumor Models
Breast, Colon, Melanoma, Liver, Lung, Lymphoma
Other Oncology Models
- Lung metastasis model
- Orthotopic models of breast, kidney
- Subrenal capsule assay
- Vaccine model
Visit Oncology Models for details
Liver Disease Models
- Lung fibrosis: Bleomycin-induced lung fibrosis in mice, rats
- Liver fibrosis: CCl4-induced liver fibrosis in mice
- Liver fibrosis: TAA-induced liver fibrosis in rats
- Non-Alcoholic Steatohepatitis (NASH) model
Visit Liver Disease Models for details.
Infectious Disease Models
- Clostridium difficile associated diarrhea model in hamsters and mice
- Mouse Cytomegalovirus (mCMV)
- Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV) in mice and cotton rats
Visit Infectious Disease Models for details.
Immunology/Inflammation/Autoimmune Disease Models
- Collagen-induced arthritis: DBA/1 mice, Lewis rats
- Adjuvant-induced arthritis: rats
- EAE model: SJL mouse, Lewis rats
- Lupus: NZBxNZW F1 mouse, MRL/LPR
- Delayed-type hypersensitivity in mice
- Type 1 diabetes in mice
- Anaphylaxis model in mice
- Endotoxemia models in mice and rats
- DSS induced IBD model in mice
Visit Immunology/Inflammation Disease Models for details.
Respiratory Disease Models
Visit Respiratory Disease Models for details
- Pericarotid collar implantation model for localized atherosclerosis in mice
- Thrombosis model: Ferric chloride-induced arterial thrombosis in mice
- Angiogenesis models: Matrigel plug assay, Trevigen implants in mice
- Wound healing model: Excisional, and incisional models in normal and diabetic mice
- Musculo-skeletal syndrome (MSS) model in rats
- Osteochondral cartilage repair model
- Custom models of disease
- PK and Tox Studies
Visit Other Models for details.
The In Vivo Efficacy services performed by Aragen Bioscience are non-GLP studies performed exclusively in rodent models.
Aragen Bioscience has a long tradition of humane and proper use of laboratory research animals for biological and biomedical research. The Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) serves as an independent oversight committee responsible for monitoring all associated animal care and use at Aragen Bioscience.
The presence of IACUC and their responsibility in assuring adherence to federal, state, and institutional guidelines for all animal care and use are monitored by accrediting agencies that include USDA and the Public Health Service/National Institutes of Health/Office of Lab Animal Welfare (OLAW).
Additionally, Aragen Bioscience is fully accredited by the Association for Assessment and Accreditation of Laboratory Animal Care (AAALAC).
Aragen Bioscience also holds a Controlled Substance License from the U.S Department of Justice/Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA).
Ready to learn more?