Account Manager – Fully Remote, MA
GVK BIO is one of Asia’s leading Discovery Services Organizations. With our strength in chemistry, biology, formulations, development, and manufacturing, we help accelerate drug discovery and development for more than 400 global clients. Our US west coast site, Aragen Bioscience, Inc. provides biologics discovery and development services and preclinical biology services.
Scope of the Role
We are looking for an Account Manager to help grow Aragen/GVK BIO’s preclinical BIOLOGY business vertical. The position is home-based in MA, NJ, NY, PA, MD, DC or VA with target and focus on the US East Coast business. This position offers the chance to work in a fast-paced global scientific organization that is dedicated to bringing medicines to patients.
- Represent Aragen/GVK BIO’s preclinical BIOLOGY solutions in the US East Coast. This position will report to the Head of North America Biology Sales and will work collaboratively with the rest of the North America Field Sales and Inside Sales teams.
- Drive towards achieving/exceeding assigned quarterly and annual sales targets.
- Identify new potential business prospects (leads) in assigned region across Pharma, Biotech, VC, Non-profits, research institutes, and agrochemical segments.
- Identify/contact/nurture key decision makers at prospect account and facilitate meetings with BIOLOGY technical teams and senior leadership as required.
- Utilize strong sales skills throughout the sales cycle to understand client needs, identify opportunities, coordinate scientific presentations, work with proposal team to share client-facing proposal, close deal, and help successfully start projects.
- Utilize strong interpersonal skills to negotiate contracts and/or proposals and build long-term relationships with both clients and internal partners (scientific, finance, legal, project management etc.).
- Travel within the assigned territory to develop and grow customer relationships.
- Work with Inside Sales to drive effective prospecting of new clients
- Using CRM, maintain up to date sales information, visit reports, forecasts/pipelines, report individual sales results and analysis/interpretation of sales trends.
- Gather and present current marketplace trends and competitive intelligence that affect Aragen/GVK BIO’s success in the marketplace
- Help cross sell to other business verticals within Aragen/GVK BIO
- Represent Aragen/GVK BIO in an ethical, scientifically accurate and professional manner.
- 2-5 years of sales experience in the preclinical CRO industry.
- Experience in selling biology services: in vivo pharmacology; in vitro biology; DMPK; and toxicology
- Understanding of the drug discovery process and a network of pharma/biotech drug discovery contacts
- Self-driven, with the ability to “hunt” for new business and “open new doors” within the biotech/pharma segment
- Ability to operate remotely, whilst remaining an effective member of a global organization; experience working for a global CRO is a plus
- Should have very good presentation and scientific communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft office and SalesForce.
- Life Sciences degree; MS/PhD a plus.